Jack Feagley was born in Phillipsburg New Jersey. He lived most of his childhood in Easton PA. He attended Billard Naval Academy in New London, Connecticut where he was the art editor of the yearbook. He had an appointment to the US Naval Academy but was unable to go because he was colorblind.
He next option was to go into architecture and attended Penn State to pursue that goal. In 1954, he won first place in a competition that was sponsored by Beaux Arts Institute of Design. He competed against 59 other contestants for his design of a newspaper plant.
Upon graduation, Jack went into the service and spent four years in the Washington D.C. in the Corps of Engineers, but also working for an architect to complete his time to take the boards of architecture. In January of 1959, he passed his exam and officially became an registered architect. By getting his registration in Washington D.C., through reciprocity, he could practice in any state in the country.
Coming to Midland in late 1957, he went to work initially for Red Warner, leaving in 1962 to work for Alden Dow for the next 21 years. Mr. Feagley was president of the Saginaw branch of the Michigan AIA for several years.