Francis E. (Red) Warner was born in 1926 in Big Run, Pennsylvania and passed away in 2006. He worked as a field engineer in the construction of power houses and naval shipyards before receiving his architecture degree from Pennsylvania State University in 1951. From 1951 through 1957 he worked for Alden B. Dow’s architectural firm prior to starting his own firm. His work continued on the organic tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright and Alden B. Dow. Warner designed over fifty residences in Midland, although his favorite work was designing churches. He designed only five churches in Michigan that include Chapel Lane Presbyterian, Poseyville Methodist, First Missionary, Our Savior Lutheran, and St. Johns Lutheran. He did veer off from his preferred pathway and designed thirty four commercial buildings that include the former Holiday Inn building in Midland, Bay City Yacht Club, Gladwin Country Club, Midland Road Commission Office, and many more county and commercial buildings around this state. During his career, Warner served as Director of the Michigan Society of Architects and President of the American Institute of Architects-Saginaw Valley Chapter.